Acrylic adhesives for structural bonding are specially designed for long-term bonding on virtually all surfaces. Henkel offers a line of acrylic adhesives suitable to multi-substrate structural bonding. These acrylic adhesives can be cured at room temperature or with heat. These adhesives generally replace the need for welding or riveting which lowers overall costs.
- Enables structural flexibility without affecting bond strength as the adhesive allows movement for thermal expansion
- Accommodating to temperature changes without passing stress to the structure
- High impact resistance/ toughness due to ability to absorb energy
- Great fracture toughness
- Lower costs as compared to acrylic adhesives (depending on production factors)
- Requires good surface finish to prevent delamination in moist environments
- Has lower strength per unit area, but in most cases exceeds what is required for joints
LOCTITE® AA 3106 is a transparent, light yellow, UV/Vis light-cured acrylic adhesive. It is ideal for plastics, (particularly stress-sensitive plastics) and metals and can also be used to bond glass and ceramics.
Availability: on order
Dispatched within: 6 months